We design and facilitate ongoing and short-term Joyful Movement and In Motion residencies with diverse community organizations in the U.S. We work closely with our partner organizations to structure programs that meet specific needs of the communities they serve.
- Equinimity Project, Tucson, AZ: A special opportunity to connect with horses through unmounted creative group dance. A collaboration with Spirit Therapeutic Equestrian Program (“STEP”).
- Touching Spaces, Tucson, AZ: Site-based creative group dance events at local parks to encourage the public to explore new perspectives for seeing and interacting with natural space.
- Books Project, Tucson, AZ: Multiple e-books written by Dancesequences members and friends that speak to the theme of inclusion and movement.
- Art Spark Texas and Body Shift, Austin, TX: Creative group dance intensives and Zoom classes for participants with diverse abilities and experiences.
- Pio Decimo Center, Tucson AZ: Weekly Creative Movement classes for children ages 6-10 in the afterschool enrichment program with a community organization offering support services to low-income families in the forms of childcare, daycare, afterschool programs, social serivces, etc.
- Sister Jose Women’s Center, Tucson, AZ: Weekly Joyful Movement classes for a community organization providing shelter and services for women who are experiencing homelessness. Joyful Movement classes are integrated into the Center’s CREATE program which aims to empower women by encouraging self-discovery and expressions through creativity.
- ZOOM classes. In response to Covid-19, we pivoted to facilitating online creative group dance classes that are open to all.
Health & Wellness Organizations:
- ITK (Integrative Touch for Kids), Tucson, AZ: Creative Movement session at ITK Health Circle event. ITK provides support services to families and children with special health or medical needs.
- Intuition Wellness Center/TKD Wellness, Tucson, AZ: Weekly Creative Movement classes for children ages 6 – 10. Intuition Wellness Center provides a collaborative whole-person approach to pediatric care.
We provide lecture/demonstrations for Grades 2 through High School on themes that speak to diversity, inclusion and dance. Original pieces are shared by company members, followed by a working discussion with the students and the opportunity for students to create their own pieces within the theme.
- Satori School
- The Gregory School
We are building collaborations with University of Arizona by facilitating lecture/demonstrations on the theme of diverse abilities and movement. New projects are forthcoming.
- Applied Intercultural Arts Research Graduate Interdisciplinary Program
- Honors College, Methods in Health and Human Values
Senior Retirement Communities:
We provide a combination of weekly and bi-weekly Joyful Movement and In Motion classes for residents in Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities in Tucson, AZ. Due to Covid-19, classes are conducted via ZOOM, or onsite through “Class Through Glass,” where we teach outside in a courtyard while participants dance inside, safely protected by large glass windows.
- Hacienda at the Canyon
- Handmaker Assisted Living
- Splendido at Rancho Vistoso